Chinese Hospital is looking for a contract-basis grant writer to raise funds for a new hospital location in San Francisco. More information about this position and how to apply after the jump.
About Chinese Hospital: Chinese Hospital is a unique healthcare provider with a long and rich history of providing access to culturally competent health care services for the Chinese Community. Chinese Hospital is a 54 bed, acute care, community-owned, non-profit hospital offering a wide range of medical, surgical and specialty programs. Chinese Hospital exists primarily to deliver quality health care in a cost-effective way, is responsive to the community’s ethnic and cultural uniqueness and, is accessible to all socioeconomic levels.
Chinese Hospital is currently in the middle of a capital campaign raising money to build a new
replacement hospital in San Francisco. Out of the total construction cost of $160 Million, a remaining
$37 Million needs to be raised from the community. The primary function of the grant writer is to help
raise money from foundations by submitting proposals to and securing grants from them.
1. Responsible for writing proposals and soliciting gifts for both unrestricted operating
revenue and capital campaign from individuals, corporations and foundations.
2. Perform prospect research to identify new funding sources.
3. Work collaboratively with and in support of the Director of Fund Development to cultivate
and solicit donors.
4. Coordinate and arrange for meeting with potential funders.
5. Create and update marketing materials, including the web site, to support Chinese
Hospital’s overall fundraising efforts.
6. Must be a highly energetic professional with a track record of successfully obtaining funds.
7. Travel as necessary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION
Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, marketing or a related field.
– A minimum of three years of experience working in fundraising related fields with
demonstration of understanding of a healthcare capital campaign and intensive writing
communication is preferred.
– Ability to plan, prioritize and meeting deadlines on multiple projects
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume via e-mail with the position title “Grant Writer” in the email
subject line. Please also indicate your desired compensation in the cover letter.