Ascend is looking for a West Coast Regional Executive Director, a new position based in either San Francisco, Los Angeles, or Seattle.
About Ascend: Ascend is the premier national non-profit professional business organization dedicated to leveraging the global business potential of Pan-Asians leaders. It is a lifelong organization focused on building critical leadership skills, business relationships, mentoring and career development – from undergraduates to corporate executives and CXO’s. With 14 professional and 27 student chapters and counting, membership is open to all ethnicities and business backgrounds.
The Regional Executive Director (RED) will work closely with the west coast chapter Presidents (San Francisco, Las Angeles and Seattle) to ensure consistent planning of events and quality execution of operations throughout the region. The RED will also assist the Chapter Presidents to develop new local relationships with sponsors and to create new innovative programs.
This key individual will be an energetic and organized self- starter, who is comfortable interacting with senior managers, partners and executives to promote exciting events and exceptional value propositions for Ascend members.
Manage program events and operations
- Lead the planning and delivery of west coast local chapter events, regional 1-day conferences and assist with the national convention.
- Support the chapter program leaders on planning dates, securing venues, inviting key speakers, and promoting local events.
- Ensure the successful execution of all local events with chapter volunteers and officers Support the local board on sponsorship initiatives
- Identify and assist in the development of strategies to encourage new or increased local sponsors with chapter leadership team
- Assist on-going sponsor relationships in conjunction with local Treasurer / Sponsor leaders
- Lead the development of new local programs with chapter board and program chairs.
- Lead the deployment of marketing communications activities, marketing collaterals, and effective utilizations of Facebook, LinkedIn & local press.
- Coordinate the participation of sponsor’s Employee Resource Groups
- B.S. or B.A. or equivalent, with a major or concentration in business and operations.
- Articulate communicator; consensus team builder; sound decision maker
- Manages multiple programs with strong accountability to deliver exceptional results
- Works independently with minimal supervision when required
- Unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States is REQUIRED
- Full time position, Medical. Dental coverage
- Compensation commensurate with experiences