Asian Health Services is looking for a Development Associate for their Oakland office. More information on this position and how to apply below.
About AHS: At AHS, our mission is to serve and advocate for the Asian and Pacific Islander (API) community by ensuring access to health care services regardless of income, insurance status, immigration status, language, or culture. We offer medical and dental services for all ages. As an important part of this mission, we provide services in English and eight Asian languages: Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese), Vietnamese, Korean, Tagalog, Lao, Mien, and Khmer.
Job Title: Development Associate
Reports To: Director of Development, Individual Giving
FLSA Status: Exempt (Union)
SUMMARY: The Development Associate has primary responsibility for event fundraisers, external communication & direct mail, gift processing, and volunteer coordination. Working with the Director of Development, the Development Associate also has responsibility for donor stewardship, media relations, and a capital campaign.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Event Fundraisers
Plans and executes the agency’s event fundraisers, including the Annual Gala, Golf Charity Tournament, and Yogathon.
- External Communication & Direct Mail
Working with design contractors and print vendors, responsible for the agency’s external communication and direct mail pieces, including the agency’s website, Facebook page, newsletters, annual report, solicitation letters, email blasts, event invitations, and others.
- Gift Administration
Responsible for processing and acknowledgment of gifts and management of the agency’s donor database. Hands-on knowledge of Raiser’s Edge 7 is a requisite.
- Volunteer coordination
(1) Responsible for recruiting and supervising community volunteers for on-going assistance with event planning and execution, mailings, gift entry, etc. (2) Working with the Director of Development, responsible for stewarding and coordinating volunteer event committee members.
- Media relations
Support the Director of Development in Media relations.
- Capital campaign
Support the Director of Development on the Capital Campaign.
GENERAL AHS DUTIES
- Fosters an environment that promotes trust and cooperation among clients and staff
- Enforces clinic policies and procedures, including maintenance of client confidentiality, to ensure that the principles of AHS are implemented.
- Participates in outreach activities, agency advocacy, and serves on ad hoc committees, as requested.
- Attends AHS staff meetings, retreats, department meetings and Board of Directors meetings, as required.
- Flexibility to work evenings or weekends as necessary.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of significant event planning experience. Hands on experience in planning and implementing fundraising events independently and in partnership with a committee of volunteers. Must be energetic, creative, resourceful, and demonstrate initiative in solving problems. Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to perform within deadlines, manage multiple assignments, and maintain a professional attitude during times of high activity. Outstanding interpersonal skills, including ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders (Board members, committee members, donors, staff, contractors and vendors) and to supervise volunteers. A proven record of working collaboratively as part of a team. PC proficiency (MS Office Suite in Windows environment); facility w/ Word and Excel required; hands on experience with Raiser’s Edge 7 database software required.
Email your resume and cover letter to Paul Liem, HR Director at email@example.com.